We are taking a journey through the Chronological Bible in 2018 and inviting you to read along with us. It works like this…
- At the first of each week I publish five days of blogs–includes Bible chapters and INSIGHTS. As you read each day’s blog take notes of your own insights and questions and create a journal.
- During the following week I will conduct a study group on Wednesday evenings for those who want to explore the INSIGHTS we have already read the previous week. If you are local you are welcome to join our study/discussion group.
- Each Wednesday starting January 10, 2018, 6:30 p.m. Rm. E1, First Assembly, 1137 Arbutus Ave. Chico.
- If you are not local, you may wish to find a partner who will take the journey with you. All you need are your Bible, notebook, access to my blog, and one other person!
- I AM LINKING TO FACEBOOK AND LINKED IN: You can elect to ‘follow’ from the first blog forward; I think this will work better than email, although you should be able to choose that option as well. I’m new at this, so help me all you can!
I’ve been writing consistently for the last four months in preparation for this exciting new adventure with you. Please pray with me as we begin January 1…
And here is another tidbit to whet your appetite for God’s words to you:
FROM RARE TO COMMON
California has been through several years of drought, broken only by last winter’s record-setting rains. Thankfully the tide turned, and the state was drenched, its underground aquafers filling quickly along with its reservoirs. But what happens when spiritual drought remains unchanged, and the Word of God has lost its cutting edge? If God is speaking, who is listening? If young men are seeing visions and old men are dreaming dreams, how is it that the culture is still so God-resistant? Seven times in Revelation 2 and 3, the Spirit says, “If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” God DOES NOT have a problem. We have a problem. God is speaking; why are we not hearing? Perhaps it is that our space is filled with so many voices clamoring for attention. God speaks into RELATIONSHIP. His voice comes to the heart. Filling our senses and choices with so many sounds of humanity simply dulls our awareness of God’s voice. What to do?
- Deliberately remove some of the voices and distractions of modern life.
- Get quiet with God and His Word each day. Listen for His thoughts and ideas.
- Write in a journal what you want, and how you want to respond to God.
- Think outside the box now and then; He might surprise you.
As the ground can tolerate only so much drought, we likewise need the refreshing from God that He wants to send. When God calls your name, just say, “I’m here, I’m listening; speak Lord.”
1Samuel 3:19 As Samuel grew up, the LORD was with him, and everything Samuel said proved to be reliable.